Sunday, December 30, 2012

don't stick out your tongue!

I have a six year old who can be rather rambunctious sometimes. He's more physical than verbal. And sometimes he's a pill. He'll stick out his tongue and point, then silently laugh at a person.

This doesn't happen all the time, but I found it happening tonight, at teeth-brushing. After saying I didn't like the way I felt when he did that, I decided to not let myself get emotional over it. So, I sat down right there on the bathroom floor and closed my eyes. Almost meditating, with a peaceful smile on my face. When he noticed I was closing off my sense of vision, pulling away from reacting to his actions, he stopped and tapped me and told me what he wanted.

Hallelujah! Staying calm and straightforward is working more and more often with these lads.

No comments: