- oven roasted anaheim and poblano peppers.
- successfully stuffed poblano peppers with tomato, corn, cheese mixture - alas, the end of tomato and corn season! i can't make these again until next year.
- froze basil in olive oil & herb mixture in olive oil to start out soups or pasta dishes over the chilly seasons ahead.
- made a rather large square pillow for the kids' room.
- successfully installed a 20" zipper into the aforementioned rather large square pillow.
- made lotion via sonoma garden's recipes & i really love the beeswax lotion (i hadn't made that one before).
- been biking to work on fridays - this week it was tuesday - and having a marvelous time. can't believe i didn't think of this until now. moron.
- entered a local photo contest. not so proud of the finished images. but very proud of following through with a promise to myself & of seeing through a vision to the end product. high 5!
- patched some kid trousers that will see, maybe, one more season of use.
- made, ate and froze tomatillo sauce.
- read 'Wild' by Cheryl Strayed. i'd like to move to the pacific coast trail. i'm now in a reading rut, nothing could be as satisfying as her book to me right now. come on library, i dare you to find me a book that could hook me like that so soon. (please, i hate finishing books that are that good because it means no other books can live up to those standards of honesty and connection.)
- came up with some more photography ideas. maybe a portable light studio for taking pics of things on the trail.
- performed cpr on my little canon camera by giving it a good whack! phew. i nearly lost it.
- leisurely weekend trips to the library
- kids helping with meals, creating their own recipes, we all bounce along in the same space, in our own space.
- finally re-connected to American Routes - and this last weekend was a very strong show. in fact, it was perfect for cooking alongside the kids, as we bobbed and weaved around one another, dancing along to the mighty fine tunes.
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
mission accomplished october 1, 2012
this past month (cause it's been awhile):