Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Twelve by Twelve suggestion

William Powers book 'Twelve by Twelve' was a pleasure to read this season.  Now that I have to return it to the library for a new reader to discover, I typed out my notes and find this exercise particularly valuable to continue with:

"Try the meditation three-times-ten: Breathe in to a slow count of ten, drawing in life and gratitude. 
Hold that abundance for another count of ten.
Then let your breath out slowly, counting to ten, exhaling any fears, negativity, or resentment, all that inner charcoal.
We decide what gets globalized - consumption or compassion; selfishness or solidarity - by how we cultivate the most valuable place of all, our inner acre."

And I would love, love, love to consider taking my family on an adventure or two (maybe during hubby's sabbatical in a few years?):
www.wwoof.org - help out on a family organic farm during your next vacation, in exchange for room, board, and sustainability skills

No comments: